Level Of Travel Scale
To better identify and match your desired style and level of travel, we have created an easy to read scale. All four levels embrace The Nordic Company’s slogan: “Your connection to the SPIRIT of Scandinavia.” We strive to fulfill this promise by providing service that reaches out and touches the very pulse, nature, customs, traditions and activities in every country you visit. The difference in levels is most often found in the standard of hotels and unique experiences and sites. All levels guarantee a memorable journey as you explore, discover and experience this very special part of the world!
Equally represented in both our escorted and independent/customized travel programs—you can expect moreShow More
Special level of travel that can be found in both our escorted tours and independent/customized travelShow More
Our more elite level and style of travel! Consisting of upscale hotels, manors, spas, and castles; each is hand-picked,Show More
Luxury (By request only)
Our most luxurious level of travel that is handcrafted to fit your travel desires. By request only!Show More
Top Tour Packages
Essence of Scandinavia
- Experience the charm of the people, customs and cuisine
- Stay at many of the finest hotels in world
- Savor the traditional Smorgasbord breakfasts
- Explore the scenic countryside and magnificent views
- Shop while strolling along the quaint streets of all the capital cities
- Tour some of the “top destinations of the world” many people visit each year
Essence of Iceland
- See famous geysirs, hot springs, volcanoes and lava beds
- Enjoy horseback-riding tours through lava fields
- Whale watch on the southern and northern coasts
- View the Goðafoss, Dettifoss and Gullfoss waterfalls
- Snowmobile on glaciers
- Visit Þingvellir—the Viking Parliament site
Iceland is Europe’s westernmost country and the second largest island in the North Atlantic Ocean. It offers many exciting adventures, providing an unforgettable journey. It has been said that Iceland is “where heaven meets earth,” a place where Viking sagas were written, 200 volcanoes rumble and natural beauty reigns. Iceland offers many different activities to fi t all interests.
Essence of Finland
- See the engaging countryside surrounding
- Helsinki as well as the unique wooden houses.
- Enjoy the cobblestoned streets and canals of Porvoo.
- Tour Lapland and learn about its unique Sami culture.
- Visit Rovaniemi and the “home” of Santa Claus.
Experience numerous cultural events and festivities during the season of long summer days. Finland’s proximity to the Arctic Circle extends the summer days to 24 hours—extra time to enjoy the outdoors and culture! The primeval forests, Aapa bogs, ponds and Ice-Age boulder fields make for a varied and fascinating habitat as well as an alluring landscape. Moreover, Helsinki is a natural habitat for more than 427 bird species, with some of Europe’s best bird-watching sanctuaries.
Essence of Greenland
- Experience the renowned dog sledding, wrapped snugly in seal skins
- Savor the traditional “kaffemik” – the social gathering around a cup of coffee
- Immerse the eye in the Inuit’s traditional dress and costumes
- Venture to one of Greenland’s Icebergs and Icecaps – 85% of the total area
- Explore the country’s wildlife – musk oxen, seals, reindeer, polar bears and whales
- Scale the enormous glaciers’ crevasses and peaks
Greenland features an abundance of captivating glaciers, icebergs, icecaps and wildlife all intermixed with the beauty of the Northern Lights and pure enjoyment of quiet and tranquility. With a small population of inhabitants in such an expansive land, this country provides the perfect opportunity for an unsurpassed experience!
Essence of Sweden
- View historic castles and manor estates throughout the country that await your stay.
- Pursue research at the Växjö Genealogy Center for heritage discovery
- Cruise coastal getaways and island beaches
- Bike the 1,597-mile-long Sweden Trail through villages and countryside
- Explore Göta Canal’s 372-mile system of locks and canals
- Sail the archipelago stretching all the way to Finland
- Visit midsummer festivals celebrated in traditional fashion
- Shop boutiques full of Swedish crystal and interior décor
- Tour Astrid Lingren’s home of Pippi Longstocking near Vimmerby
Sweden is best known for its rugged outdoors, charming cities, lush forests, beautiful crystal, entertaining folklore and traditional midsummer celebrations. The inlets of the extensive coastline are a sailor’s paradise, while the mountains and hillsides offer numerous hiking and cycling trails. Sample a few of the countryside sports activities including cross-country skiing, golf, cycling and endless blue freshwater lake adventures.
Essence Of Batlics
- Indulge in the cosmopolitan city of Riga – “The Paris of the Baltics.”
- Enjoy the architectural history of the 850-year-old city of Tallinn.
- Uncover the customs and traditions of historic Vilnius.
- Discover the charm of the medieval, cobblestoned streets in the Old Towns.
- Delve into the unique contrasts between the old and the new Tallinn.
The Baltics is a historic region that mixes pristinely restored cathedrals and palaces with architecture ranging from Art Nouveau to medieval, all intermingled with horse-drawn buggies and bicycles sharing cobblestoned streets. The Baltic capitals are delightfully different. Tallinn, with its charming cobblestoned streets, Riga, with its adventuresome nightlife and Vilnius, with its fascinating history, all prove to be worth a visit!
Essence of Norway
- Cruise, tour or hike the incredible fjords along the picturesque coastline.
- Visit the historic and well-preserved stave churches.
- Tour the North Cape to experience the traditional Sami culture and reindeer herding, Karåsjok, Kautokeino and the Midnight Sun.
- Cruise the Lofoten Islands, fishing villages and cabins-rorburers.
- Try your hand at hiking, glacier walking, biking, skiing, fjord kayaking, horseback riding and fishing.
- Explore sites of newly discovered Viking history and relics.
- Experience a Grieg piano recital at Troldhaugen in Bergen.
- See weaving, pewter, glass, woodcraft and porcelain shops.
Norway is a strikingly rugged combination of mountains, fjords and glaciers that creates a dramatic landscape stretching across the entire country. Ideal for outdoor adventure with truly breathtaking scenery, Norway boasts some of the most picturesque express boat, ferry and train excursions imaginable. Norway’s cities also beckon travelers indoors to shop, dine and enjoy the arts.
Essence of Denmark
- Explore castles, fairy-tale excursions and beautiful countryside with thousands of flowers.
- Marvel at Rosenborg Palace, with its collection of crown jewels, art and tapestries.
- Sail around Funen Island.
- Cycle the streets of Copenhagen.
- Take an evening stroll and savor dinner in picturesque Nyhavn.
- Bike under the light-green canopy of the beech forest.
- Enjoy a canal cruise or guided harbor cruise of Copenhagen.
- Play at Legoland in Jutland.
- Visit Hans Christian Andersen’s home and museum.
- Admire The Little Mermaid.
Denmark offers something for all age groups, families and individuals alike! Denmark is truly a nation by the sea, as no place is farther than 30 miles from the ocean. It displays 3,000 miles of beaches pierced by inlets and harboring marinas. The gentle landscape and lush beech forests are ideal for hiking and cycling, while the nearby lakes lure beginning, as well as avid, sailors.
Essence of Russia
- Marvel at St. Petersburg—a self-contained city with palaces, armories and churches.
- Walk through Red Square—an impressive home of past May Day parades, the GUM—amazing shopping area and St. Basil’s Cathedral.
- Explore the Hermitage and history museums with vast collections of Russian art.
- Stroll through famous amusement and ornamental parks.
- Visit awe-inspiring residences of past tzars and royalty of Russia.
- See statues, such as The Bronze Horseman, which have inspired epic poems.
- Tour ornate palaces, beautifully landscaped parks and a dazzling array of statues and fountains at Peterhof.
- View gilded, domed cathedrals soaring over the skylines.
Established in the 12th century, Russia has a rich history of rulers and governments; empiric ambitions and periods of withdrawal from the world scene. At times an ally, at times a rival, Russia has a complex and ever-changing relationship with the rest of the world. Being nearly twice the size of the United States, Russia is the largest country in the world in terms of land area.
By Special Interest
"Jerry and all of you at the Nordic Company who helped us, Our trip was wonderful. We can't thank you enough. You guys did a terrific job. Everything went so smoothly... Read More
D.S., Austin, TX
"Thank you for the email. The three of us had a great time! We will definitely recommend The Nordic Company to anyone who wants to travel to Scandinavia!"
W. S., Springfield, VA
"They had a GREAT time...they loved every minute of it...they loved how people joined them but also had time for independent excursions... Read More
T.W, St. Paul, MN
"We are now back from our Scandinavian trip incuding Sweden and Finland. It was absolutely fantastic! Every day was better than the last..Read More
D.R, Crystal Lake, IL
"All means of transportation were great. All hotels and meals were excellent. The information offered was excellent. The booking process and questions... Read More
E.SM, Potomac, MD
"I did want to tell you how wonderful the experience in Norway was! Looking at my photos now is a real treat!
The accommodations... Read More
S. R. Brooklyn, NY
"Thanks for your efforts on our behalf with our Russia Tour. The english speaking tour guides were friendly, well versed in their homes history and very patient... Read more
J. S., Great Falls, MT
Why Choose the Nordic Company
History – founded in the early 90’s and located in Madison, Wisconsin, right in the shadows of so many Scandinavian immigrant settlements, we have enjoyed a natural Midwestern link to our own Viking heritage. As Scandinavian Tour Operator Specialists, we have evolved a family business that maintains a deep passion and pride in those “roots” that literally drives are our expertise and love for traveling into this “very special part of the world”
Expertise – it has evolved from hundreds of staff trips to all of our destinations plus attending numerous yearly industry workshops. This is a never ending process as hotels, sights, transportation sources and new attractions often need regular on - site inspections. These visits provide us with a truly resourceful stable of up-to-date knowledge for our clients.
Reputation – we value our industry recognized professionalism having built a strong commitment to a responsive and reliable approach to providing creative itineraries, excellent suppliers, and seamless travel experience for our valued travelers. That’s possible with the right combination of sensitive and dependable destination knowledge coupled with a conscientious, meticulous, and friendly service level which has molded our company’s newest slogan: “The Journey is as important as the Destination”!
Become a Travel Agent Partner with Jensen World Travel, Ltd and Arctic Adventure Inc. we arrange your FITs and work with travel consultants world-wide. please also link Jensen World Travel to www.jensenworldtravel.com and arctic-adventure to www.arctic-adventure.com